What documents can I use to verify my address?
Last Updated: 10 May 2023
If you’re joining ASB or are an existing customer needing to verify your address, you may need to present a document that shows your home address.
Acceptable documents include:
- A statement or letter from a bank other than ASB.
- A letter from a government department or agency, such as the IRD, NZ Police, Department of Justice or the Electoral Commission.
- A statement or letter from a KiwiSaver or superannuation provider other than ASB.
- A house or contents insurance policy.
- A rates or water bill from a local authority.
- A utility bill such as gas, power, fixed phone, internet, Sky TV or an on-account mobile phone.
- A letter from a recognised retirement home that confirms you live there.
- A letter, statement, or bill from a qualifying New Zealand educational institute.
- A tenancy or lease agreement signed by the landlord and tenants.
- A letter, statement, or bill from a qualifying New Zealand educational institution.
Your document must meet these criteria:
- It needs to be from a source listed above.
- It must show your name and your physical home address (not a PO Box).
- It must be less than 12 months old.
- Bills from utilities and local authorities must be for a service at your home address.
Did this answer your question?
Do you have an ASB username and password? If you're not already registered, and would like to be, see our ...
My e-passport or New Zealand driver licence has expired. Can I still use it to confirm my identity with the ASB ID app?No. The ASB ID app can only use a current e-passport or New Zealand driver licence. If you don’t have ...
If you are new to ASB, you can use the ASB ID app to make joining ASB fast and easy. ...
To verify your identity the ASB ID app uses your mobile’s NFC reader to scan your passport’s embedded chip, takes ...
The ASB ID app takes a scan of your face, selfie-style. A clear image makes it easier to confirm your ...
In most cases the ASB ID app is all you’ll need to confirm your identity or address. But sometimes there ...
The ASB ID app should generally work with a current e-passport from any of these countries: Åland Islands Albania Algeria ...