What documents can I use to verify my address?

Last Updated: 22 Mar 2021

If you’re joining ASB, you may need to upload a document that shows your address:

  • A statement or letter from a bank other than ASB
  • A letter from a government department or agency, such as the IRD, Department of Justice or the Electoral Commission
  • A statement or letter from a KiwiSaver or superannuation provider other than ASB
  • A house or contents insurance policy
  • A rates or water bill from a local authority
  • A utility bill such as gas, power, fixed phone, internet, Sky TV or an on-account mobile phone
  • A tenancy or lease agreement signed by the landlord and tenants
  • A letter from a recognised retirement home that confirms you live there

At an ASB branch you also show an original copy of a letter, statement or bill from a qualifying New Zealand educational institute.

Your document must meet these criteria:

  • It must show your name and your physical home address (not a PO Box)
  • Bills from utilities and local authorities must be for a service at your home address
  • It needs to be from a source listed above
  • It must be less than 12 months old

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics