Are there any tips for taking photos with the ASB ID app?
The ASB ID app requires you to capture a photo of your photo ID, and then take a selfie. These photos are checked and compared; in order to get the best match we need good quality photos. Follow these simple tips for taking good photos using ASB ID.
Capturing your ID:
- Make sure there's enough light.
- Make sure the ID is placed flat on a dark background.
- Make sure you are not covering any of the details on the ID with your hand.
- Turn the phone to landscape and hold it directly over your ID.
- Try to avoid reflections or glare from bright lights.
- Make sure the whole document is in the photo.
- Take the photo straight on, not on an angle.
Capturing a selfie:
- Turn the phone to portrait and hold it directly in front of you.
- Make sure the background is plain and light.
- Remove any hats or sunglasses that will block your face. Reading glasses are ok but try to avoid glare on the lenses.
- Centre your head within the oval so that your whole head is visible.
- Make sure that the light source is balanced with no uneven lighting on your face, natural lighting is best.
- Hold still and the app will attempt to automatically take the photo. If it is unable to capture the photo automatically a capture button will appear for you to take the selfie yourself.
After you have sent your photos using the ASB ID app we may email you to ask you to try ...
The ASB ID app requires you to capture a photo of your photo ID, and then take a selfie. These ...
To use the ASB ID app you'll need to: Be a new ASB customer Choose your everyday banking account and ...
No, the photo ID used with the ASB ID app must be current and valid for the checks with trusted ...
If you are a new ASB customer and you've got eligible photo ID, you can confirm your identity securely using ...
Even after you’ve used the ASB ID app, you may still need to visit us to show your proof of ...