How do I set up Xero account feeds in FastNet Classic internet banking?
Our account feeds can send your ASB transactions to Xero every day, automatically. If you use FastNet Classic internet banking, here's how to set them up online. (If you use FastNet Business, follow these instructions instead. We also provide transaction feeds for MYOB.)
Before you start
The first step is to set up your ASB accounts in Xero. Then you'll be able to choose them as the destination for your daily transactions.
It's easy to do. For details, see Xero's help article on setting up new accounts.
Activating your feeds
Once you've logged in to FastNet Classic:
1. Activate the drop down menu under your name at the top right corner.
2. Select 'Accounting Set Up' from the drop down menu.
3. Choose Xero.
FastNet Classic shows a list of all your ASB accounts and cards that support transaction feeds.
4. Tick the ones you want to feed to Xero. There's no cost for adding accounts, and you can turn off your feeds at any time.
5. You can back date your first account feed. The default is 1 April, which for most businesses is the start of the financial year, and means you can get the full financial year of details.
6. When you've made your selections, confirm you're happy for us to send your information to Xero, and click OK.
You'll then be taken to a Xero authentication screen. This lets Xero confirm your identity before adding account feeds, and lets you link your ASB accounts to the right Xero accounts.
- Log in with your Xero details.
- Allocate your new ASB transaction feeds to your ASB accounts in Xero.
- Click OK, and you're done.
Your first transaction feed will appear in Xero the next morning. Depending on how far back you backdated your feeds, your first report may include a lot of transactions.
If you've run into any issues on the ASB side, just give our FastNet Classic help desk a call on 0800 327 863. If you have any Xero issues, it's best to contact them directly via their support page.
Our account feeds can send your ASB transactions to Xero every day, automatically. If you use FastNet Business, here's how ...
To change an account type in FastNet Classic internet banking: Log into FastNet Classic internet banking Select ‘Balances’ in the ...
ASB's online services all come with security features aligned with good practice. FastNet Classic internet banking has several layers of ...
To log in to ASB's FastNet Classic internet banking, go to www.asb.co.nz and look for the yellow Log In section ...
You can save time and reduce double handling with your budgeting, reporting and forecasting by integrating cloud-based software like Xero ...
How do I rename my accounts in FastNet Classic internet banking and the ASB Mobile Banking app so they are personal to me?You can personalise your bank account names via FastNet Classic internet banking and the ASB Mobile Banking app. For example, ...