How do I set up Xero account feeds in FastNet Business?
Our account feeds can send your ASB transactions to Xero every day, automatically. If you use FastNet Business, here's how to set them up online. (If you use FastNet Classic, follow these instructions instead. We also provide transaction feeds for MYOB.)
Before you start
The first step is to set up your ASB accounts in Xero. Then you'll be able to choose them as the destination for your daily transactions.
It’s easy to do. For details, see Xero's help article on setting up new accounts.
Activating your feeds
Once you've logged in to FastNet Business:
1. Go to Administration.
2. Then 'Client.
3. Then 'Accounting Set Up'.
4. Choose 'Xero' from the pull down menu.
FastNet Business will show you a list of all your ASB accounts and cards that you can feed to Xero.
5. Tick the ones you want to update in Xero. There’s no cost for adding accounts, and you can turn off your feeds at any time.
6. You can back date your account feeds. The default is 1 April, which for most businesses is the start of the financial year.
7. You can also choose accounts to use with Direct Payment Link. This lets you choose the bills you want to pay in Xero, and upload the details directly to FastNet Business, ready for authorisation.
8. When you’ve made your selections, confirm you’re happy for us to send your information to Xero, and click OK.
You’ll then be taken to a Xero authentication screen. This confirms you have permission to add your account information to Xero.
- Log in with your Xero details.
- Allocate your new ASB transaction feeds to your ASB accounts in Xero.
- Click OK, and you’re done.
Your first transaction feed will appear in Xero the next morning. Depending on how far back you backdated your feeds, your first report may include a lot of transactions.
If you’ve run into any issues on the ASB side, just give our FastNet Business help desk a call on 0800 22 55 27. If you have any Xero issues, it’s best to contact them directly via their support page .
With FastNet Business you can make a one-off payment to any New Zealand bank account. Use FastCheque to pay people ...
Yes. FastNet Business supports a range of file formats for use with other applications. For more information on supported files, ...
Yes. Follow these steps to create a Direct Credit, Payroll, Creditors, or Credit Cards bulk payment from scratch. Before you ...
You can transfer money from any bank account to which you have transact access rights, into any of your other ...