Can I use my mobile number to shop online?
Yes with Online EFTPOS you can use your mobile number to shop securely online at participating stores, using cash in your ASB (transaction or savings) account.
You can receive and approve payment requests, confirm which account the payment is coming from and approve your transactions.
To use Online EFTPOS, you’ll need to download the latest version of the ASB Mobile app, then:
- Log in to the ASB Mobile app.
- Open the menu in the top left of the screen.
- Tap 'Settings' and select 'Receive payment requests'.
- Tap the selector to activate Online EFTPOS payments.
If Online EFTPOS is available on the website that you are shopping on, there will be a ‘Pay by Online EFTPOS’ button at the checkout/payments page, next to the credit card or internet banking button.
You’ll then need to do the following things:
- Click the ‘Pay by Online EFTPOS’ button
- Enter your mobile number (make sure it’s the same one you used to register with the ASB Mobile app).
- Go to your ASB Mobile app, confirm the default account you want to pay from (or select another)
- Authorise the payment
Here’s is a video of how it works:
As the ASB Mobile app on Apple Watch and Android Wear does not require a PIN or password to access ...
How do I change my default account for payments and transfers in FastNet Classic or the ASB Mobile app?To save time when making payments or transfers using FastNet Classic internet banking or the ASB Mobile Banking app, you ...
To turn off the ASB Mobile app on Apple Watch: Hold down the side button on the Apple Watch until ...
To use the ASB Mobile Banking app you'll need: To be registered for FastNet Classic internet banking. An active cellular ...