How do I buy shares using Online Share Trading?
You can place orders to buy shares through Online Share Trading for the New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX) mainboard and the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX). Once you are logged into your share trading account:
Select Place an order in the left hand menu, then follow the steps on the page:
1. Select Buy from the dropdown, then select the stock exchange on which you would like to trade.
2. Type the company name or stock code, select it from the dropdown and then select Next.
3. Enter the number quantity of shares you want to purchase.
5. Select your settlement account from which the funds should be withdrawn.
6. Enter your contact phone in case we need to contact you about your order.
Select Preview order.
- Review the details of your order and if you are happy to submit it, select Proceed. If you do not wish to proceed, you can select Cancel or you can change your order by selecting Amend.
Provided all order details are valid, your order will be sent to the market.
Check out this video for the simple steps to buy and sell shares through Online Share Trading:
Find out more information in our how to buy and sell shares in online share trading guide.
Yes. Orders involving any of the following can only be placed over the telephone by calling our share trading team ...
ASB's online security policy is to take every practical step possible to keep your accounts secure. Like our other services, ...
Some of the reasons your order is not accepted might be: Your specified price is too far away from the ...
An At Market (market price) order cannot be cancelled as these trade instantly The implementation of a cancellation submitted, is ...
I'm in Online Share Trading, and I'm trying to amend/cancel my order but I can't. Why won't this work?In Online Share Trading, when you’ve clicked ‘Amend/cancel order’ under My Menu, ensure you check the tick box to the ...
For us to place your order on the market, you must have sufficient funds in your ASB Securities account, and ...
An At Market (market price) order cannot be amended as these trade instantly The implementation of any amendments submitted, are ...