How do I buy shares using Online Share Trading?
You can place orders to buy shares through Online Share Trading for the New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX) mainboard and the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX). Once you are logged into your share trading account:
Select Place an order in the left hand menu, then follow the steps on the page:
1. Select Buy from the dropdown, then select the stock exchange on which you would like to trade.
2. Type the company name or stock code, select it from the dropdown and then select Next.
3. Enter the number quantity of shares you want to purchase.
5. Select your settlement account from which the funds should be withdrawn.
6. Enter your contact phone in case we need to contact you about your order.
Select Preview order.
- Review the details of your order and if you are happy to submit it, select Proceed. If you do not wish to proceed, you can select Cancel or you can change your order by selecting Amend.
Provided all order details are valid, your order will be sent to the market.
Check out this video for the simple steps to buy and sell shares through Online Share Trading:
Find out more information in our how to buy and sell shares in online share trading guide.
ASB's online security policy is to take every practical step possible to keep your accounts secure. Like our other services, ...
That depends on whether or not you are an existing ASB customer and what type of account you would like; ...
CHESS is a computerised share sub-register system operated by the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX), used to manage share ownership and ...
No, but we recommend you do become one. It's free to join and it may make things easier for you as we can keep you informed about the latest share offers and market news.
Effective from 1 May 2017 ASB Securities has discontinued offering the option to participate in Foreign Dividend Reinvestment Plans (DRP) ...