How do I buy shares using Online Share Trading?
You can place orders to buy shares through Online Share Trading for the New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX) mainboard and the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX). Once you are logged into your share trading account:
Select Place an order in the left hand menu, then follow the steps on the page:
1. Select Buy from the dropdown, then select the stock exchange on which you would like to trade.
2. Type the company name or stock code, select it from the dropdown and then select Next.
3. Enter the number quantity of shares you want to purchase.
5. Select your settlement account from which the funds should be withdrawn.
6. Enter your contact phone in case we need to contact you about your order.
Select Preview order.
- Review the details of your order and if you are happy to submit it, select Proceed. If you do not wish to proceed, you can select Cancel or you can change your order by selecting Amend.
Provided all order details are valid, your order will be sent to the market.
Check out this video for the simple steps to buy and sell shares through Online Share Trading:
Find out more information in our how to buy and sell shares in online share trading guide.
I'm in Online Share Trading, how do I update the Common Shareholder Number (CSN) associated with my account?To update your Common Shareholder Number (CSN), please call us on 0800 272 732 weekdays 7am-6pm. Find out more about ...
To open an Online Share Trading account for a child you must be either a: Parent. Grandparent. Legal guardian. To ...
On the Portfolio page click the + symbol beside Portfolio Summary or go to the drop down list beside the ...