What is Netcode and why do I need it?
Netcode is a two-step verification method that's an extra layer of security to help us make sure it's really you when completing certain banking activities on your ASB account, and it's free*.
We text the Netcode to your mobile phone or send it to you on a portable Netcode token. You'll need it to:
- Register to use the ASB Mobile Banking app.
- Make a payment that will take you over the $1,000 daily payment threshold (or a lower amount as chosen by you).
- Complete an online transaction with your Visa credit or debit card, depending on the risk of the transaction.
- Change your card PIN.
- Add Google Pay or Apple Pay to your cards via the ASB Mobile Banking app or from the Google or Apple digital wallets.
- Make International Money Transfers (FastNet Classic internet banking only).
- Log in to FastNet Classic internet banking (if you have Netcode at login turned on).
To register for Netcode, call us on 0800 FASTNET (0800 327 863) or +64 9 306 3185.
Find out more about registering for Netcode.
More about Netcode:
- I haven't received my Netcode. What now?
- Will I need to enter a Netcode for all my payments?
- Can I use Netcode whilst I'm overseas?
*Netcode via SMS is free to use if you have a New Zealand mobile phone number, but please check with your provider in case there are charges to receive international text messages. Since we rely on international phone providers to send our Netcode SMS to international phone numbers, we cannot guarantee you’ll be able to receive Netcode SMS to your international phone number.
ASB's online services all come with security features aligned with good practice. FastNet Classic internet banking has several layers of ...
No, you won’t need to enter a Netcode if: The total amount of payments in a day is below $1,000 ...
If you change your phone number you’ll need to update those details with us so you can continue to receive ...
Once you receive a Netcode on your phone for a particular payment you are making, here’s how to release the ...