Troubleshooting tips for ASB ID app.
If you’re having trouble getting your phone to scan your e-passport photo page:
- Turn your phone horizontally to landscape mode. Hold your phone over your passport photo page, so that the whole passport page is visible on your screen. Ensure that the chevrons displayed on the screen align with the machine readable zone (the long code at the bottom of your passport photo page).
- If you are using an iPhone and the app has trouble reading this section, you can tap the ‘keyboard’ symbol. This will pop up another screen where you can type in your passport number, date of birth and passport expiry date.
If you’re having trouble getting your phone to scan your New Zealand driver licence ensure that:
- the licence is scratch-free, undamaged and legible
- the licence is placed on a non-white surface
- your phone is turned to landscape mode
- the licence is fully visible on your screen
- the person icon displayed on the screen aligns with your licence photo
- there are no obstructions like your fingers
- the scanned images are clear.
You will need to scan the front and the back of your NZ driver licence. The scan will begin automatically and you can choose to re-scan if an image is not clear.
If you’re having trouble taking the selfie-like scan of your face:
- Slowly move your phone back and forth to be closer or further away from your face then hold steady when the screen turns green.
- If the app gives you an error about lighting conditions, try moving to a different location or turning around so that the light is coming from a different direction.
If you’re having trouble uploading a proof of address document:
Check that your document is a PDF which is less than 700KB in size.
Do you have an ASB username and password? If you're not already registered, and would like to be, see our ...
My e-passport or New Zealand driver licence has expired. Can I still use it to confirm my identity with the ASB ID app?No. The ASB ID app can only use a current e-passport or New Zealand driver licence. If you don’t have ...
If you are new to ASB, you can use the ASB ID app to make joining ASB fast and easy. ...
To verify your identity the ASB ID app uses your mobile’s NFC reader to scan your passport’s embedded chip, takes ...
The ASB ID app takes a scan of your face, selfie-style. A clear image makes it easier to confirm your ...
In most cases the ASB ID app is all you’ll need to confirm your identity or address. But sometimes there ...
The ASB ID app should generally work with a current e-passport from any of these countries: Åland Islands Albania Algeria ...