How do I create or edit a Direct Debit receipt in FastNet Business?
Before you begin, display the Create Direct Debit Receipt page by:
- Selecting Transactional Banking on the FastNet Business tab bar
- Below the tab bar, select Receipts
- On the left-menu, select Direct Debit
When performing the steps below, remember to save your work frequently. This will ensure that all the payers that you add to the direct debit receipt and all the changes you make are saved.
To Create a Direct Debit Receipt:
- On the Create Direct Debit Receipt page, in the Receipt Name field, type a name that will identify this direct debit receipt.
- Note: Receipt names must be unique and no more than 20 characters
- If relevant, from the Registration ID drop-list, select the correct registration ID.
- If the Particulars, Code and Reference fields (in the Payee Details section) are active, type the relevant details into these fields.
- Note: Use only letters and numbers. These are the details that will appear on your statement.
- Note: If these fields are inactive (greyed out), the details to appear on your statement will be entered against each payer transaction, later.
- (Optional) Click the calendar icon and select a different due date.
- Note: This is the date the receipts are to be processed.
- Note: You can also overtype the displayed date.
- (Optional) At the bottom of the page, in the empty Payer Details fields, enter a payers name, account number, amount to be deducted from the payer, and (optional) the particulars, code and reference details to be printed on the payer's, and if relevant, your statement.
- Note: At some stage, you will need to add payers to your direct debit receipt; either manually as described here, or from the Direct Debit Library, as described later in this procedure.
- Note: This number can be entered with or without hyphens. For bank account numbers, the format is 11-2222-3333333-44 or 11-2222-3333333-444.
- Note: When entering particulars, code and reference details, use only letters and numbers; do not use special characters.
- (Optional) At the bottom of the page, click 'Add Payers from library', select the relevant group of payers, or selection of payers from a group, then click 'Add selection to current receipt'.
- Result: The payer(s) are added to the list of payer transactions.
- Note: Remember to complete the transaction details for each payer you have added. Hint: For payers that are to have the same amount, particulars, code and reference details specified, select the relevant payers, then click 'Fill Multiple Fields' . You can then enter and apply the same amounts and details to all selected payers.
- When you have finished adding payers to the direct debit receipt, click Save & Exit.
- Result: The Current Receipts page is displayed. The newly created receipt is listed on the Current Payments page.
To Edit a Direct Debit Receipt:
- On the Current Receipts page, using the checkboxes, click the relevant receipt's name.
- Result: The Modify Direct Debits Receipt page displays the receipt's details.
- (Optional) Edit the Payer Details Due Date.
- If relevant, edit the Payee Details Particulars, Code, Reference fields.
- Note: Anything that you type in these fields will appear on your bank statement. If you are unable to type anything into these fields, you can type them into the fields under the 'Show on Your Statement' section of the payers' details.
- If relevant, select another registration ID.
- (Optional) Add payers from the payer library.
- Hint: Click 'Add Payers from Library'.
- (Optional) Edit existing payers details.
- Hint: To change a single payer transaction, overtype the relevant fields, then on your keyboard press Tab.
- Hint: To apply the same changes to more than one payer transaction, select the relevant payer transactions then click 'Fill Multiple Fields'. Make the changes you want to apply across selected payer transactions, then click OK.
- (Optional) Delete unwanted payer transactions from the receipt.
- Hint: Select the relevant payer transaction(s) then click Delete, then click Yes.
- (Optional) Add new payer transactions.
- Hint: Click New then complete the new payers fields.
- Click Save & Exit, then click OK.
- Result: The changes are saved and the Current Receipts page is displayed.
A Direct Debit can fail for a number of reasons. They will automatically dishonour if the account you're attempting to ...
If any of the payers in a receipt, for example, do not have sufficient funds, the money cannot be deducted ...
To have the ability to create a direct debit file to pull money from other accounts, you must be a ...
Direct Debits coming out of your account will show on your account statement which you can see online in FastNet ...
Yes. FastNet Business allows you to view and modify existing automatic payments and create new ones. You can use this ...
Even though your payment may have been authorised, it was not ‘sent’ for processing and would have expired at midnight ...
With FastNet Business you can make a one-off payment to any New Zealand bank account. Use FastCheque to pay people ...
FastNet International is required for non-personal accounts where you are creating an IMT from a Foreign Currency Account and / ...