How do I close my account?
Last Updated: 12 Jul 2018
- Visit any ASB branch and bring 2 forms of ID with you (including photo ID).
- Call us on 0800 803 804. Make sure you have your verbal bank password handy, and be prepared to answer a couple of verification questions, such as your contact details and other information about your accounts that only you would know.
However if you wish to close an account requiring two or more signatories, all signatories will need to come into an ASB branch with ID.
Before you close your account:
- Download any statements or documents you need on FastNet Classic internet banking.
- Edit or delete any Automatic Payments or Direct Debits.
- Pay any overdrawn amounts, loan balances or credit cards.
- Ensure all cheques issued have been presented.
Did this answer your question?
It is best for you to let ASB know of the death as soon as possible. Holds will be placed ...
The account(s) will be the one(s) you selected when you applied for your ASB Visa Debit card. Commonly this will ...
You can hide most Transaction and Savings accounts, Investments, Managed funds and Visa Business credit cards from your Balances summary ...
When you hide an account, it will be hidden from both the Balances page and Transfers ‘from’ drop down box ...