Can I apply for a joint overdraft?
Last Updated: 24 Feb 2022
Please visit an ASB branch with all account signatories if you wish to open an overdraft on a joint account.
- Be over 18 years old
- Are a NZ citizen or resident
Check out our current rates and fees.
There are a few things you should know about overdrafts:
- Approval is subject to ASB's terms and lending criteria.
- An overdraft works as a line of credit, meaning it's available for you to use, as and when you need it, up to a set limit.
- The current unsecured interest rate applies to any overdrawn balance up to your approved overdraft limit.
- If your approved limit is exceeded, then default interest at our unarranged overdraft interest rate will be charged on that amount.
- If there is no arranged overdraft in place, then interest at our unarranged overdraft interest rate will be charged on any overdrawn balance on your account. If your account is in excess of $20.00, you will also be charged our monthly unarranged overdraft facility fee of $3.00.
Did this answer your question?
Rather than prevent a payment going out of your account, we will sometimes allow transactions or payments to go through ...
No-one likes paying bank fees such as an unarranged overdraft fee. If you go into unarranged overdraft, you can avoid ...
If you have an arranged overdraft limit, then your Save the Change transfer will happen as usual if it keeps ...
From the 22nd November 2021, the ability to adjust your credit card or arranged overdraft limits up or down online ...