What security precautions can I take to keep my transactions secure?
Last Updated: 23 Feb 2017
Taking your own security precautions when you are banking online using FastNet Classic, FastNet Business or ASB Mobile is sensible. We recommend that you:
- Safeguard your online personal and account information with up to date anti-virus software and that you download operating system updates for your computer. This will help to protect your online transactions via FastNet Classic and FastNet Business.
- Keep your Username and Password to yourself; this prevents unauthorised access and use by other people.
- Get in the habit of logging off when you’ve finished your banking. Look for the Log Out tab on the top right of the menu bar in ASB FastNet Classic, FastNet Business, or on top left of the Accounts page if you are using the ASB Mobile app. If your account is inactive for a certain period, (for example 10 minutes in FastNet Classic) we’ll log you out as a security precaution anyway, but doing it yourself is a good habit to get into.
- Don’t Log In to FastNet Classic, or ASB Mobile from an email. We will never ask you to do this, so if you receive an email asking you to do so, it’s more than likely it will be fraudulent. Please report it to us immediately by calling 0800 327 863, and forward the email to email@example.com.
- Avoid any Internet Banking from unsecure WiFi, such as unknown, temporary or pop-up WiFi hotspots, or any unknown open (unauthenticated) WiFi. If your device is cellular capable, use this instead, if you have any concerns about the WiFi.
Did this answer your question?
You can hide some accounts from your Balances summary and Transfers in the ‘from’ drop down box in FastNet Classic. ...
ASB's online services all come with security features aligned with good practice. FastNet Classic internet banking has several layers of ...
You can manage your credit card limit within FastNet Classic internet banking. Here’s how: In the left hand main navigation ...
The website address for FastNet Classic internet banking and Online Sharetrading has changed to support some new features introduced based ...