How do I dispute a transaction on my credit card that I don't recognise?

Last Updated: 04 May 2017

If there's a charge you don’t recognise on your credit card and want to dispute it, we recommend you check with the merchant first as they may be able to resolve it.

If you still need to dispute a transaction please fill in the notification of disputed transaction(s) form then scan and email it to carddisputes@asb.co.nz, or drop it into any ASB branch. You need to notify us in writing within 30 days of the closing date on your statement and we'll get back to you within 30 days from the date you lodge a disputed transaction. 

If your credit card has been stolen, you can cancel and replace it via the ASB Mobile app or in FastNet Classic internet banking. If you have ASB Card Control in the ASB Mobile app you should temporarily lock your card immediately if you notice a suspicious or unauthorised transaction.

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics

, ,