I am trying to shop online, why would my ASB Visa credit card or Visa Debit card not work?
Last Updated: 21 Jun 2016
All ASB Visa credit and Visa Debit cards must be activated before the card can be used to make purchases online. If you have done this, some of the common issues are:
- Visa Debit card online limits are $5,000 NZD for purchases
- Check Card Control in the ASB Mobile app to ensure online purchases are allowed
- Ensure you have sufficient funds available to allow the payment to process. Overseas websites will generally charge in their native currency which could increase the value of the purchase in comparison to NZD
- Please carefully check the information on your card and the website to ensure the information has been entered correctly
- Verified by Visa is a security system to help prevent possible fraud on your ASB credit and Visa Debit cards. Depending on the type of online transaction, you may be prompted to answer questions about your Visa account. If you answer this incorrectly, a security block will be placed on your card. If this happens please contact us and we will remove the card block for you
Did this answer your question?
Lock and replace using the ASB Mobile Banking app. You can lock your card using ASB Card Control in the ...
A balance from another banks credit card or store card can be transferred to any ASB Visa or MasterCard except ...
If I need a PIN for Visa credit card transactions, what about contactless (payWave) payment or transactions?There is no change to Visa payWave, (this is Visa’s technology that allows contactless card payments on point of sale ...