If someone has died, can I access their money for a funeral & related expenses?

Last Updated: 01 Dec 2016

Yes you can. If you would like assistance covering the funeral and related expenses using funds from the deceased estate, a staff member in branch or the Contact Centre will be able to assist you. Funds can either be paid directly to the funeral director or to make a reimbursement to any person(s) who have already paid funeral and funeral related expenses.

An application form (Indemnity for release of funds to pay funeral expenses) for this can be found by clicking here. You will need to provide a certified true copy of the funeral invoice or receipt of any funeral or funeral related expenses and an original or certified copy of the death certificate. Please note that this is a sworn declaration and as such will need to be witnessed by a JP, Solicitor or Notary Public.

For further information, view our online Deceased Estates brochure.

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics