How do I activate the travel insurance on my credit Card?
Before you get started, remember to keep any receipts, emails, bank statements or other proof that you’ve activated your travel insurance. If you make a claim, we’ll need to see these.
Here are several quick and easy ways to activate your travel insurance prior to leaving New Zealand:
- Pay for at least 50% of your overseas return travel tickets using your ASB Visa Gold or Platinum Rewards credit card.
- Use your True Rewards dollars, Airpoints or other frequent flyer points to buy your overseas return travel tickets. If you don't have enough True Rewards dollars or frequent flyer points for the whole amount, you can use another activation method to pay at least 50% of the balance to qualify for cover.
- Get a cash advance from your ASB Visa Gold or Platinum Rewards credit card account and on the same day use these funds to pay for at least 50% of your overseas return travel tickets.
- Pay for at least 50% of your overseas return travel tickets from your ASB bank account if you're unable to use your ASB Visa Gold or Platinum Rewards credit card to pay for your tickets, or there's an additional charge for using your card (your travel provider must give you written confirmation that your credit card is not acceptable or would incur an additional charge).
- Travel on return overseas tickets that you’ve won in a prize draw or competition.
Need more information? Your policy wording has full details on activating your travel insurance.
To confirm that you've activated your travel insurance you can use FastNet Classic internet banking where you'll be prompted to answer several questions. Once you have successfully answered these questions, you'll receive an email with your policy documents confirming activation. Alternatively, you can call Cigna on 0800 660 141.
You can also purchase optional credit card travel insurance upgrades specific to your travel plans if required.
ASB's lending criteria and terms apply. Please refer to the ASB Visa Platinum Travel Insurance Policy for full details. If you are over 75 years of age you are not eligible for cover under the policy. Please refer to the ASB Gold Card Travel Insurance Policy for full details. If you are over 79 years of age you are not eligible for cover under the policy. Other exclusions and limitations apply.
Before you get started, remember to keep any receipts, emails, bank statements or other proof that you’ve activated your travel ...
Optional upgrades for the credit card travel insurance can be purchased for an additional premium for the following: Specified items. ...
Does the credit card travel insurance policy provide cover for scuba diving, skiing or snowboarding?Scuba diving is covered if you hold an open water diving certificate (like a PADI) or are diving with a ...
You will not be covered if your employer or business pays for the trip. In order to qualify for travel ...
After 31 March 2017 Visa Business Rewards cardholders will no longer have access to travel insurance for any new trips ...
Dependant children under 20 years of age, who are travelling with an adult named on the ASB travel insurance policy ...
Will I be covered under my Platinum or Gold credit card travel insurance policy if I have a pre-existing condition?Any pre-existing conditions, diagnosed or not, are automatically excluded from the policy. However you can contact Cigna Insurance to apply ...