I'm in Online Share Trading, but my sell order was not accepted. Why was this?
Last Updated: 01 Mar 2017
Some of the reasons your order is not accepted might be:
- Your specified price is too far away from the current market price.
- The security has been suspended/halted or delisted.
- Your Common Shareholder Number (CSN) or standard holder number is invalid.
- Your FIN is invalid.
- The stock is registered as being owned by another person(s).
- You have insufficient units available for settlement in either your holding with the relevant share registry for New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX) listed securities.
Or, specifically for Australian securities on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX):
- You have insufficient units available in your CHESS holdings sponsored by ASB Securities/Commonwealth Securities for ASX securities.
- The stock is sponsored in CHESS by a broker other than ASB Securities/Commonwealth Securities.
- The stock is issuer sponsored. If this is the case, you must contact us to place the order by telephone we may ask you to supply a copy of the issuer sponsored holding statement.
Find out more information on the markets you can trade through ASB Securities with our guide.
Did this answer your question?
I'm in Online Share Trading, how do I update the Common Shareholder Number (CSN) associated with my account?To update your Common Shareholder Number (CSN), please call us on 0800 272 732 weekdays 7am-6pm. Find out more about ...
ASB's online security policy is to take every practical step possible to keep your accounts secure. Like our other services, ...
If you have an existing Common Shareholder Number (CSN) and apply for a sharetrading account without recording your number on ...
Some of the reasons your order is not accepted might be: Your specified price is too far away from the ...
ASB Securities office hours are 7am to 6pm NZ time Monday to Friday. NZX trading hours are between 10am to ...
When you’re selling New Zealand stocks on the New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX), the number of units you’re selling should ...
Yes. Orders involving any of the following can only be placed over the telephone by calling our share trading team ...