I'm in Online Share Trading, but my sell order was not accepted. Why was this?
Last Updated: 01 Mar 2017
Some of the reasons your order is not accepted might be:
- Your specified price is too far away from the current market price.
- The security has been suspended/halted or delisted.
- Your Common Shareholder Number (CSN) or standard holder number is invalid.
- Your FIN is invalid.
- The stock is registered as being owned by another person(s).
- You have insufficient units available for settlement in either your holding with the relevant share registry for New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX) listed securities.
Or, specifically for Australian securities on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX):
- You have insufficient units available in your CHESS holdings sponsored by ASB Securities/Commonwealth Securities for ASX securities.
- The stock is sponsored in CHESS by a broker other than ASB Securities/Commonwealth Securities.
- The stock is issuer sponsored. If this is the case, you must contact us to place the order by telephone we may ask you to supply a copy of the issuer sponsored holding statement.
Find out more information on the markets you can trade through ASB Securities with our guide.
Did this answer your question?
I'm in Online Share Trading, how do I update the Common Shareholder Number (CSN) associated with my account?To update your Common Shareholder Number (CSN), please call us on 0800 272 732 weekdays 7am-6pm. Find out more about ...
Why did I get sent to the ASB Securities home page when I tried to visit the Online Share Trading log in page?We have recently made some changes to the way you log in to Online Share Trading as part of some ...
Yes. Orders involving any of the following can only be placed over the telephone by calling our share trading team ...
Log In to Online Share Trading, then to create new watchlist, select Watchlist in the left hand menu. Beside the ...
An At Market (market price) order cannot be cancelled as these trade instantly The implementation of a cancellation submitted, is ...