I've just bought a house and don't think I can afford home loan repayments and KiwiSaver contributions, what can I do?

Last Updated: 19 Mar 2019

If your money is getting stretched a little too thin, you can apply for a savings suspension if you have been a KiwiSaver member for 12 months or more (or you are suffering or likely to suffer financial hardship in your first 12 months of membership).

You can make voluntary contributions while on a savings suspension, and continue to receive the annual Government contribution (also known as a member tax credit), if you are eligible.

Watch our video to find out more tips on how you can reduce your debt:

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics

, , , ,