How can I change my ASB KiwiSaver Scheme contribution amounts?

Last Updated: 19 Mar 2019

If you are an employee, you can change your contribution rate to 3%, 4%, 6%, 8% or 10% at any time by giving notice to your employer. You can do this by letter or email indicating your new rate (3%, 4%, 6%, 8% or 10%), or by completing a KiwiSaver deduction form (KS2) available at kiwisaver.govt.nz and giving it to your employer. You cannot change this rate more frequently than every three months unless your employer agrees.

Contributing at least $1,042.86 each year will mean you receive the maximum annual Government contribution of $521.43 each year (if you are eligible). If you earn less than $34,762 and contribute 3%, your contributions will be less than $1,042.86 and you will not receive the maximum annual Government contribution, unless you make extra contributions.

If you are not employed or are self-employed, you can make lump sum voluntary contributions, or change your regular contribution amount at any time. 

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics

, , , ,