How do I update the ASB Mobile app?
If you haven’t set your device to update apps automatically, here’s how to manually update the ASB Mobile Banking app for iOS and Android.
To manually update the ASB Mobile Banking app with Apple iOS:
- Open the App Store
- Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen
- Scroll to see pending updates and release notes. Tap 'Update' next to an app to update only that app, or tap 'Update All'
Please note: You may be asked to enter your Apple ID in order to complete the update.
For more information on how to enable automatic app updates, visit Apple’s support guide.
To manually update the ASB Mobile Banking app with Android OS:
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Tap Menu, My apps & games
- Apps with an update available are labelled ‘Update’
- Find the ASB Mobile app and tap ‘Update’
For more information on how to enable automatic app updates, visit Android’s support guide.
Why should I keep my devices up to date?
- Software updates aren’t just about adding new features or fixing bugs, they’re also about fixing weaknesses, or vulnerabilities. Vulnerabilities are parts of your device’s software that can be used for purposes other than those intended. It’s through these vulnerabilities that attackers can gain access to your device and your information.
- The New Zealand Government has established a national Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), to help inform, monitor and report cyber security issues across New Zealand. The CERT website has a wealth of information on Cyber security.
- Find out more information on why you should keep your devices and software up to date.
For security reasons if you’ve forgotten your PIN, you’ll need to reset it. There’s an option at the bottom left ...
If you accept contactless payments today, you're likely to be able to accept Apple Pay payments. If you're not already ...
Online EFTPOS notifications only appear within the ASB Mobile Banking app. Log into the app within four minutes of creating ...
ASB Mobile requires certain information/access permissions to work on your phone for the following services: GPS location data: This is ...
If you are not yet an ASB customer, we’ll need to see some photo ID, such as a Passport. We’ll ...
Not currently. To send money overseas, please use the International Money Transfer functions (IMT) in FastNet Classic. For more information ...