ASB and Sports Otago have been proud partners for 11 years now and we’re turning blue in support of the 2017 ASB Otago Sports Awards.
ASB is proud to stand behind community, and sport is a huge part of this. These awards celebrate Otago sportspeople and the huge talent pool we have, with anyone in the region able to be nominated. As well as celebrating these successes, the event aims to raise funds for the work of Sport Otago in providing opportunity for all children to participate in sport and recreation through the Sporting Chance programme.
The Awards will be held on the 19 May 2017 in the Dunedin Town Hall.
- Sportsman: Hamish Bond, Neil Wagner, Mike Kernaghan
- Sportswoman: Suzie Bates, Holly Robinson, Gina Crampton
- Junior sportsman: Nathan Smith, Tiarn Collins, Elliot Brown
- Junior sportswoman: Courtney Duncan, Anna Grimaldi, Zoi Sadowski Synnott
- Team of the year: Otago Sparks, Otago under-19 cricket team, Netball South Beko league team
- Coach: Raylene Bates, Brent Ward, Mitchell Brown
- Official: Gareth Williams, Chris Gaffaney, Jono Bredin
John Brimble, Sports Otago CEO says “Sport Otago appreciate the
ongoing generous assistance of ASB in supporting and recognising the
phenominal talent that we have in Otago through supporting the Otago
Sports Awards, the longest running regional sports awards in New Zealand
and the strong working relationship between our organization’s that
spans many years.“
ASB Head of Community, Sponsorship and Events Mark Graham says ASB is proud to once again support the ASB Otago Sports Awards.
“We’ve been involved in the ASB Otago Sports Awards since 2006 and it
continues to be a highlight for us. Year after year, it’s great to see
so many Otago locals performing exceptionally at national and
international levels, and it’s a privilege to help recognise those
achievements,” Mr Graham says.
“Congratulations to all finalists at the 2017 ASB Otago Sports Awards,” Mr Graham says.