Each year New Zealand’s top entrepreneurs are recognised in the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards.
150 cities across 60 countries participate in the awards, with each national winner representing their country at the prestigious EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards, held in Monte Carlo.
The awards celebrate entrepreneurs who have created and sustained successful growing businesses.
The 2016 award categories are:
- Technology & emerging industries
Last night, some of New Zealand’s best entrepreneurs were celebrated in the announcement of this year’s finalists.
2016 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year finalists
- Colin and Dale Armer, Directors of Armer Farms
- Andrew Barnes, Founder and Managing Director of Perpetual Guardian
- Peter Beck, CEO and CTO of Rocket Lab
- Carmel Fisher, Managing Director of Fisher Funds Management
- Duane Dalton and Chris Henderson, Directors of Pita Pit
- Linda Jenkinson, Chairman of John Paul
- David McSorley, Managing Director of Max Contracts
- Fady Mishriki, CEO and Founder of PowerbyProxi
- Tim Norton, CEO of 90 seconds
- Paul Nielsen, Managing Director of HomeTech
- Ranjna Patel, Director and Co-founder of Nirvana Health Group
- Jos Ruffell, Co-founder of Garage Project
- Jackie Smith, Executive Director of FAB Group
- Rebecca Tohill, Chief Executive of Fusion5
- John Tooby, Director of Golden Healthcare Group
- Vladan Vukovich, Managing Director of Wimpex
We have a long history of participating in programmes that recognise excellence so we’re delighted to be supporting these awards in our fifth year as principal sponsor. This year we’re thrilled to be behind the Exceptional Services to Entrepreneurship Award which recognises an entrepreneur’s outstanding contribution to innovation.
We’re proud to see that some of this year’s finalists are entrepreneurs we work with, and we aim to support entrepreneurs in the achievement of their ambitions.
The winner of each category will be announced in August, and the awards evening will take place at The Langham on 13 October; where each of the category winners will be up for the overall New Zealand Entrepreneur Of The Year Award.