Here are our top tips for managing your money to get you ready for summer.
While this might already be a well-loved feature for a lot of you, there are probably still more payments you could be automating.
Automatic payments are great for fixed costs like your rent, internet bill and debt repayments. They can also be used for larger longer-term bills like your council rates – simply pay a little bit regularly, if the recipient allows it.
Read these instructions for setting up automatic payments using FastNet Classic.
But what about variable costs like power and water? You could contact your provider and set up direct debits to pay variable costs – just make sure you have enough money in your bank account to cover the amount of the payment.
A few handy tips for automatic payments:
- You can set up a final payment date and final payment amount.
- You can alter existing automatic payments.
- You can set up automatic payments between your own accounts as a way to automate regular transfers. Usually you’d go to the Transfers section of FastNet Classic to send money between your accounts but for automatic payments, you’ll need to copy your account number and head to the Payments section.
Alerts are sent via email, and/or notifications on the ASB Mobile Banking app. They’re a great way of keeping on top of your money and they give you a heads up about what’s happening with your account.
There are five types of alerts you can choose to receive:
1. When your account is overdrawn (including if you exceed your arranged overdraft limit).
2. When your credit card payment is due.
3. When an automatic payment or bill payment may fail due to insufficient funds in your account.
4. When your account balance has gone above an amount set by you.
5. When your account balance has gone below an amount set by you.
You can read more about alerts and how to set them up here.
If you get a new card during the summer break, you can PIN it online, rather than going into a branch. You can do this in FastNet Classic in the top right menu under ‘My Settings’ and in the ASB Mobile app in the ‘Cards’ section.
ASB Mobile app
Even if you’re not near a computer over the holidays, you’ll probably still have your phone on you. If that’s the case, then it’s a good idea to download the ASB Mobile app. It’s available for iPhone, Android and Windows. The banking app allows you to keep track of your accounts, manage your cards and open and apply for certain accounts.
Our iPhone 6s competition is now closed. Congratulations to our 3 winners Heling C, Ben F, and Peter T.