ASB term deposits make it easy to earn competitive interest.
Easy to open.
You can open a personal term deposit by logging into FastNet Classic internet banking at any time. If you are not registered for FastNet Classic, or you are new to ASB, call 0800 650 506.
- How long you want to invest for.
- How you'd like the interest to be paid.
Interest frequency options
- Depending on the term you select, interest can be paid monthly (for deposits of at least $10,000), quarterly, six-monthly, annually or at the end of the term.
- For term deposits of six months or longer, interest can be compounded to your investment (monthly interest cannot be compounded). That way you’ll earn interest on your interest.
Investing for a regular income
- If you plan to earn a regular income from your term deposit, ask about our monthly interest option.
- You'll need to invest a minimum of $10,000 for a term of at least six months.
- You can request to make an early withdrawal of your term deposit before the maturity date, by giving us 31 days’ prior notice. ASB can waive this notice period in circumstances where you are experiencing hardship (as reasonably determined by us).
- If we agree to your early withdrawal request, a reduced interest rate will be applied to the amount withdrawn early.
- Term deposit early withdrawal Q&As.