Why has my high-risk transaction been declined?
To prevent potential financial loss to our customers, our fraud detection systems identify certain types of transactions that have a high likelihood of being fraudulent. These are identified as high risk due to other customers experiencing high levels of fraud with these types of transactions.
Can you still use your card?
Yes, your card will remain active, and you can continue to use it for everyday purchases. However, you will not be able to make this particular transaction using your ASB card. You will need to consider alternative options for payment should you wish to proceed with this transaction.
If you didn't attempt this transaction, we recommend you cancel and replace your card using the ASB Mobile Banking app. There is no cost to replacing your card, simply select 'Other' as the reason you are replacing your card within the Mobile app.
Learn how to do this by following our step-by-step guide.
For more information on how to keep yourself safe online, visit asb.co.nz/security.
Tools & Tips
- When making online purchases, make sure you do your research on the purchase or business you are buying from. This could include doing third party reviews to check they are legitimate.
- Be wary of unrealistic promises such as investments offering huge returns or out of the blue prizes.
- Download the ASB Mobile Banking app and enable push notifications so that you receive important security alerts.
- Use ASB Card Control on the ASB Mobile Banking app to manage your card(s) anywhere, anytime. Card Control allows you to temporarily lock your card if you lose it, turn off ATM withdrawals, set spending limits, request a replacement card and much more.
- Finally it is important to remember that ASB will never send an email or text with links to login to our online banking.
If you remain concerned about the safety of your card(s) or your account(s), please reach out on 0800 ASB FRAUD (0800 272 372) or +64 9 306 3000 if you're overseas.
You will receive an alert if we detect a login to your internet banking that we believe you need to ...
As part of our efforts to increase account security, we will contact you every time there is an unrecognised login ...