What do I do with a foreign currency cheque?

Last Updated: 21 Jun 2016

You can deposit a foreign cheque into your ASB account. It can be deposited to a New Zealand dollar account or a foreign currency account. 

If you’re converting the cheque to New Zealand dollars we will usually be able to give you the rate immediately and deposit the cheque (a hold period will apply). 

Sometimes we will have to send the cheque back to the issuer for payment. In these cases, we will only deposit the funds to your account once we have received payment from the issuer.  If we need to convert the funds, we will do this at the rate available at the time we deposit the funds into your account.

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics