What do I do if my superannuation savings are being held by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as 'unclaimed super'?

Last Updated: 24 Sep 2020

‘Unclaimed super’ is transferred to the ATO to protect superannuation savings. Before your savings can be moved to your KiwiSaver account, you’ll need to arrange for your savings to be transferred from the ATO to an Australian complying superannuation fund regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). 

You can search for your lost super: 

- online using myGov, 

- by phoning the ATO’s lost super search line, or 

- by completing the ATO’s paper form. 

See here for further details. 

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics

, , , ,