A company in which I own shares has had a share split. How can I adjust my holding in my portfolio within the Online Sharetrading service?

Last Updated: 14 Mar 2014

Firstly, it's a good idea to check the company's announcements for the terms of the share split. When the share split is effective, it's a good idea to check the holding against the registry.

You'll then need to add a manual sell transaction in your portfolio to reduce the shares now cancelled, eg if you had 10,000 shares in a 1 for 10 share consolidation, you would create a manual sell transaction for 9,000 shares, giving you the correct holding of 1,000.

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics

, , ,