What do I do if my Prescribed Investor Rate (PIR) changes?

Last Updated: 24 Sep 2021

You can find out more about PIRs by visiting our PIR help page. If you need to update your PIR, you can do so in FastNet Classic internet banking or by contacting us.

To update in FastNet Classic:

  1. Log in and select your Profile in the top right hand corner.
  2. Select Update Tax Details.
  3. You’ll see your tax details we have for you.
  4. Make any changes you need to.
  5. Select Save.

If your PIR was recorded incorrectly for a prior year, and you were on a higher PIR but should have been on a lower rate, you will not be able to claim back any of the extra tax you have paid. If you were on a lower PIR than you should have been, you will need to include this income in your tax return and Inland Revenue can assess the tax on this income at your personal tax rate.

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics

, , ,