Complete our enquiry form and we'll call you back at a time that suits you.
Your local ASB Insurance Manager can give you expert help - reviewing your needs and tailoring a solution just for you
Should you need to claim, change or review your policy - simply contact us online, over the phone or at any ASB branch
To help you cover the areas of your life which matter most, an ASB Insurance Manager will take you through a full protection review, and then provide you with a recommendation that has the right mix of cover to suit your goals and financial situation.
Term Life – take care of financial commitments and dependents with a lump-sum payment if you were to pass away. This benefit can be paid early if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness that is likely to result in you passing away within 12 months.
Mortgage and Income Protection – financial cover to help you meet your mortgage or rent payment or other expenses if if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury. You can also get optional cover for redundancy.
Income Protection insurance – provides a monthly benefit payment if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury. You can also get optional cover for redundancy.
Critical Conditions – receive a lump-sum payment if you suffer from one of the specified critical conditions defined in your policy.
Total Permanent Disablement – provides a lump sum payment in the event that you become totally and permanently disabled and are unable to engage in either your 'own' or 'any' occupation, depending which type of cover you have.
Family Protection – provides your dependents with a monthly income in the event of you passing away.
Accidental Death – pays a lump-sum payment to your dependents if you pass away as a result of accidental injury.
For a limited time, we're offering one month's premium free on qualifying new policies.
To get your one month premium free simply apply for a new qualifying ASB life, income protection or health insurance policy between 30 July 2021 and 31 October 2021 (inclusive) and have the resulting policy issued on or before 31 December 2021.
Qualifying policies are:
Please note that ASB Staff and voluntary group ASB Lifestyle Security Plan products are included in this promotion. Replacement of any existing policy or benefit is not included in this promotion.
The free month's premium will be credited to your policy within the first two months of your policy being taken out, and is based on one full month's premium for that policy and all qualifying benefits under that policy, as calculated at the time the policy is issued.
Please see below for full terms and conditions of offer.
ASB life, income protection and health insurances are underwritten by AIA New Zealand Limited (“AIA”). All applications are subject to individual consideration. Conditions apply.
ASB One Month Premium Free offer (the “Campaign”) 2021 Terms and Conditions:
1. This Campaign is run by AIA Services New Zealand Limited, with its head offices at 74 Taharoto Road, Takapuna, Auckland.
2. To be eligible for the one-month premium free offer, the following criteria applies:
a. An application must be submitted to AIA for a new ASB Lifestyle Security Plan - Personal, ASB Lifestyle Security Plan – Business, ASB Start-Up Income Protection, ASB Private Health or ASB Private Health Plus policy between the dates of 30 July 2021 and 31 October 2021 (inclusive);
b. The resulting policies must be issued on or before 31 December 2021;
c. The application must not be for the replacement of an existing policy (or benefit) underwritten by AIA;
3. AIA reserves the right to exclude customers from the Campaign in situations where they have not met the eligibility requirements set out in these terms and conditions.
4. The free one month premium will be credited to the customer's policy within the first two months of their policy being taken out and will be based on the full monthly premium for the qualifying policy and all qualifying benefits, calculated at the time of issue of the policy.
5. Customers who pay annually upfront will receive a refund, rather than a credit to their customer account and the 5% discount for paying annually will also be applied to the free one-month premium. This will be paid into the bank account held on the policy details or to a nominated bank account if there is no bank account specified on the policy within the first two months of the policy being taken out.
6. Where the qualifying policy/policies are the only benefits/policies held with AIA, the monthly policy administration fee will also be waived for the free month.
7. Other than for customers who pay annually upfront, the free premium amount cannot be refunded. For all customers the free premium amount cannot be exchanged for cash.
8. AIA reserves the right to vary, suspend or terminate this offer and these terms and conditions at any time.
9. To the extent permitted by law, none of AIA, or any of their respective directors, employees, and/or agents shall be liable for any claims, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential losses) as a result of, arising out of, or in any way connected with, this offer.
10. All personal information collected by AIA is for the purpose of this offer and an application for AIA insurance. This information will be held by AIA at its head office, and by data storage providers which include related companies and cloud-based storage providers (who may be in New Zealand or overseas). You have rights of access to and correction of it. Refer to www.aia.co.nz for a copy of our Privacy Statement.
The availability of insurance cover is subject to your application being approved. All applications are subject to individual consideration. Special conditions, exclusions or premiums loadings may apply. An excess may apply for health insurance policies. For full details refer to the policy document which is available on request from ASB Bank Limited. This insurance is underwritten by AIA New Zealand Limited ("AIA").