My ASB Virtual is not working, what do I do?
If your ASB Virtual is not working, check for the following things:
- Make sure ASB is your default within the phone settings. To check go to Settings > Tap and Pay and make sure it says “ASB Mobile”
- Your phone has NFC enabled – you can check this under phone settings. In some instances where you have Virtual already set up, and you download another app, your NFC settings could be disabled
- No other service is set to ‘Always on’ under Tap and Pay, and you don’t a have a PayTag or other contactless cards near the terminal
- Check your Card Control settings of the card you want to pay with in the Cards menu of the ASB Mobile app. Ensure you have an ASB Virtual card set to 'Always on' and no other locks on
- Ensure you have connected to Wi-Fi. If your phone has been out of range for a while, or if you have completed a number of transactions since your last Wi-Fi connection, then it may not work
If you used to have Semble on your phone, and you have tried all of the above steps, you may need to swap your SIM. The secured details on your Semble SIM may be interfering when you try to pay with ASB Virtual. Please talk to your mobile service provider to arrange to swap your SIM.
ASB Virtual is available on Android phones 4.4 and above, that have NFC (Near Field Communication) enabled. Please note: For ...
I’m being asked to install an update to enable access to Near Field Communication (NFC) on my Android device, is this safe?Yes it is safe. We’re currently running a closed staff only pilot for ASB Virtual which uses NFC, and this ...
If you have misplaced your phone and you have another with the ASB Mobile app installed, you can use Card ...