How do I dispute a transaction on my Fastcash card that I don’t recognise?

Last Updated: 23 Nov 2020

If you've spotted an error with a transaction (e.g. an incorrect value or you were charged twice) or if you've got a dispute with a merchant (e.g. you didn't receive your purchase or you received damaged goods) then contact the merchant directly to resolve the issue. 

If you still need to dispute a transaction, please phone our Contact Centre on 0800 803 804 or drop into any ASB Branch to have your dispute lodged. You need to notify us within 30 days of the closing date on your statement (otherwise we may not meet the timeframes for the disputes process).

To protect yourself against card fraud, you must safeguard your card and PIN (Personal Identification Number).

  • Do not write your PIN down anywhere. Memorise it instead.
  • Never tell anyone (including Police, bank staff or your family) your PIN.
  • Make sure no-one can see you enter your PIN at ATMs or when using EFTPOS.

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics