Can I stop a foreign cheque?

Last Updated: 21 Jun 2016

If you need to stop a foreign cheque purchased from ASB, you will need to either visit one of our branches or call us on 0800 803 804 and let us know. 

We will then attempt to stop the cheque and retrieve the funds. You’ll need to bear in mind that ASB will charge you a fee for this activity, plus any overseas banks involved in the stopping of a foreign cheque and retrieval of funds will usually charge fees as well – these other banks’ fees will be passed on to you for payment.

If we successfully retrieve the funds and they need to be converted back to New Zealand dollars, we will do this at the ASB ‘buy rate’ available at the time we return the funds to you.

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics

, ,