Can I order foreign currency through FastNet Classic internet banking, and how long before I can pick it up?
Yes we can provide you with a range of foreign currencies.
To order foreign currency (notes) on FastNet Classic internet banking:
- Select 'Order Foreign Currency' under Foreign Exchange in the menu on the left.
- Fill out the order form with how much money you need in the foreign currency. You can type in the New Zealand dollar equivalent and the form will automatically do the conversion for you.
- Select whether you want cash or a foreign cheque, and which branch is most convenient to you.
- Choose what currency denominations you’d like, and the account you want the money taken out from.
- Record the details you wish to appear on your statement and click ‘Next’
- Confirm your purchase details are correct then click ‘Order Foreign Currency’
You can also order foreign cash through the ASB Mobile Banking app.
Once your foreign currency arrives at the branch you selected (usually available within 5 working days in metropolitan centres – it may take longer in certain branches), a staff member will contact you to let you know it is ready to pick up.
You will be able to pick it up at any time during the branch's operating hours. Please collect your purchase within 5 working days. If we don't hear from you, we’ll assume you no longer require it and the currency will be deposited back to your account at the rate applicable at the time.
What if I can’t order the foreign currency type I want?
An International Money Transfer via FastNet Classic costs $15. However, overseas banks involved in the transaction will also impose fees ...
Log In to FastNet Classic and select Accounts and then Foreign Exchange On the Foreign Exchange screen, select Buy Foreign ...
Yes, you must be registered for Netcode to make an International Money Transfer. Learn more about Netcode. How do I ...
I've noticed the expression Sender to Pay, in relation to International Money Transfers - what does this mean?You are requesting to pay all fees and charges imposed by overseas banks. In most cases this means the beneficiary ...
What do I do if I can't send an International Money Transfer (IMT) via FastNet Classic because it exceeds the daily transaction limit?If you exceed the daily transaction limit for an International Money Transfer via FastNet Classic please visit an ASB branch ...
Your purchase will be converted at ASB's latest foreign currency rates.
Yes, the following limits apply: When transferring from a New Zealand Dollar (NZD) account. During business hours (Monday – Friday ...
Yes. The easiest way to send an International Money Transfer from your ASB account is with FastNet Classic. You'll need ...
If I'm making an International Money Transfer, how do I identify the beneficiary bank I wish to transfer funds to?There are two ways to identify the beneficiary bank to which you wish to transfer funds. The first is to ...