I'm a member of the ASB KiwiSaver Scheme by default, what does this mean and what are my options?

Last Updated: 26 Jan 2021

You have been allocated by Inland Revenue to the Conservative Fund in the ASB KiwiSaver Scheme because you have not chosen a KiwiSaver scheme yourself, and your employer doesn’t have a preferred KiwiSaver scheme.  

You have choices available to you. You can:

1.    Stay with the ASB KiwiSaver Scheme. If you choose to stay with the ASB KiwiSaver Scheme, it is important that you are in the right fund. Use our simple tool that makes choosing a fund easy. You may switch funds at any time, online via FastNet Classic internet banking, or by completing the Changing your Fund form. If you haven’t already provided us with identification, we’ll need to see that as well.

2.    Choose to transfer to another KiwiSaver scheme by completing the application form for that scheme.

3.    Opt out of KiwiSaver. If you have recently started a new job and have been automatically enrolled in KiwiSaver, you may opt out if you don’t want to join a KiwiSaver scheme. If you want to opt out you will need to do this between the second and eighth week (i.e. on or after day 14 and on or before day 56) of starting your new job.  You can do this by completing an online opt-out form at kiwisaver.govt.nz or a new employee opt-out request (KS 10) form. Inland Revenue will refund any contributions you have made.

Did this answer your question?

Related Answers

Related topics

, ,