With the university year coming to a close, there’s no doubt you’re thinking about exams, graduation and finding a job. But what about your finances and your bank account?
Chances are you’ve been living on a tight budget throughout your studies. When that first pay day comes, it can be tempting to blow it in a week. After all, you’ve been skimping while you’ve been studying. But rather than being a time for spending, graduation is actually a good time for budgeting and setting goals. Before you get used to that higher salary, take the time to assess your spending habits, put a savings plan in place and review your banking package.
What does the package include?
- A Graduate bank account with no base, EFTPOS or ASB ATM fees and no electronic or manual transaction fees for two years (service charges apply).
- Up to $2,500 interest-free overdraft for two years.
- No account fees for the first 12 months on a new ASB Visa credit card.
- Special rates on a personal loan.
Plus as an ASB customer you’ll get
- Unlimited access to phone banking and FastNet Classic, making banking more convenient and easier while you’re on the go!
- Mobile banking services including a mobile app, website, online banking for your smartphone and mobile top-ups directly from your account.
- The option of getting real-time text or email alerts.
Do you qualify?
- To apply for the ASB Graduate banking package you need to have graduated from an NZQA-approved New Zealand institution or completed an apprenticeship within the last two years.
- Want to discuss your banking package? Call us on 0800 803 804 or find ways to contact us.
1 The New Zealand Union of Students’ Associations
ASB’s terms, eligibility and lending criteria apply. Fees and charges apply and after one year, the standard credit card account fee will apply. After two years, standard interest rates and fees will apply.